ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the Accounts Payable function ensuring timely payment of invoices and business expenses by completing daily/weekly processing. Coordinate the delivery of invoices for appropriate approvals. Assist departments and employees across the bank with questions regarding expenses.
- Manage statement delivery and payment of corporate credit cards.
- Reconcile correspondent bank activity and other bank accounts on a daily/monthly basis.
- Record daily general ledger entries as requested for daily activity including Federal Funds, etc.
- Complete general ledger reference maintenance on a daily basis.
- Ensure general ledger agrees to subsidiary records through preparation of general ledger and internal DDA reconciliations. Research and resolve discrepancies to satisfactory conclusion.
- Research and resolve various accounting issues and variances.
- Review various reconciliations from other departments as necessary.
- Complete financial reports on a regular basis for management and regulatory purposes (i.e. FR2644, Summary of Deposits).
- Assist with the completion of the bank’s quarterly call report.
- Assist with various department assignments, including month-end close, investment purchase record-keeping, internal and external audit requirements, etc.
- Manage the collection and input of 1099 Miscellaneous info for EOY reporting and prepare necessary corrections of EOY 1098/1099 tax reporting to vendors/IRS.
- Complete maintenance and accounting for fixed assets, accruals and prepaid assets.
- Assist with the preparation of information for internal and external auditors during periodic reviews and to bank regulators during examinations.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and complete annual audited financial statements.
- Gain and maintain a strong understanding of internal accounting and core processing software
- Assist with various department projects as assigned and continually strive to improve procedures and find efficiencies where applicable.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in bank’s Community Events Program.
Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated computer application experience including: Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks on an ongoing basis to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate flexibility to meeting fluctuating demands.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively with Bank staff at all levels of the organization.
Education: AA Degree in Accounting, Business or other related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year work experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
HOW TO APPLY
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.