Posted on Friday, July 16
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for seeking, developing, and procuring loan and deposit opportunities in both new and existing borrower relationships, with a goal of increasing the bank’s overall loan portfolio and improving penetration in the bank’s trade territory.
- Interview loan applicants to determine their goals and needs and find opportunities and solutions through a team approach.
- Ensure that the needs of other lending team members are being met, while relying heavily on each other to serve the bank’s customers.
- Monitor existing loan portfolio by keeping in contact with customers, ensure their needs are being met and stay cognizant of developing trends in their business.
- Maintain product knowledge of all bank services and cross-sell other bank products by referral to appropriate areas.
- Mentor other lenders, including assisting in training opportunities and joint calling efforts.
- Participate in community activities, business events, farm auctions, etc. to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program.”
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a mobile environment, keeping good communication with other team members, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven record of customer-focused problem-solving skills.
- High level of sales and interpersonal skills in dealing with new prospects, clients, bank staff and outside vendors.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to agricultural and commercial lending.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or 4-to-10-years-equivalent experience in a lending environment.
Experience: Work experience should include a solid background in sales and business development, preferably in the agricultural and/or commercial fields, serving existing customers and developing new business relationships.
How to apply
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.
You may apply for this position by doing one of the following: