ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for seeking, developing, and procuring loan and deposit opportunities in both new and existing borrower relationships, with a goal of increasing the bank’s overall loan portfolio and improving penetration in the bank’s trade territory.
- Interview loan applicants, determine their goals and needs, and through a “team approach” find opportunities and solutions.
- Ensure that the needs of other lending team members are being met, while relying heavily on each other to serve the bank’s customers.
- Monitor existing loan portfolio by keeping in contact with customers, ensure their needs are being met, and stay cognizant of developing trends in their business.
- Maintain product knowledge of all bank services and cross-sell other bank products by referral to appropriate areas.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of an agricultural and commercial loan portfolio.
- Mentor other lenders, including assisting in training opportunities and joint calling efforts.
- Participate in community activities, business events, farm auctions, etc. to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a mobile environment, keeping good communication with other team members, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven record of customer-focused, problem-solving skills.
- High level of sales and interpersonal skills in dealing with new prospects, clients, bank staff, and outside vendors.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to agricultural and commercial lending.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance or 4 to 10 years equivalent experience in a lending environment.
Experience: Work experience should include a solid background in sales and business development, preferably in the agricultural and / or commercial fields, serving existing customers and developing new business relationships.
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.