ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches and trains retail branch staff on products, processes and procedures. Communicates core values and provides direction to staff.
- Work closely with the Retail Banking Manager to develop business plan and retail strategies for the assigned offices.
- Communicate and work with staff to implement bank initiatives for customer retention and acquisition of new business.
- Make calls to existing and potential customers to strengthen current customer relationships as well as develop new business.
- May take consumer and real estate loan applications.
- Understand the policies, procedures, and regulations of banking. Keep abreast of relevant governmental regulations, current industry matters, and any changes that occur.
- Maintain adequate level of knowledge to be able to assist employees with questions related to their duties. Provide coverage and assistance to other departmental personnel as requested.
- Maintains the appearance and maintenance of the assigned offices. Communicate with the bank’s Facility Manager, when appropriate, regarding wants, needs, and repairs.
- Participate in necessary training to perform functions of the job.
- Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, scheduling, performance appraisals, salary recommendations, promotions hiring and terminations.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and services. Understand basic financial concepts and terminology. Includes both the deposit gathering and lending functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to positively manage staff development and to motivate staff to meet established goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide outstanding customer service contact on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in an environment with sensitive information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment, with bank staff at all levels.
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel to other offices as needed.
- Current credit life and disability license.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Education: AA Degree
Prior experience in a customer contact position required.
Three years supervisory/manager experience.
Previous sales experience preferred.
Three years of experience in a bank setting is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.
You may apply for this position by doing one of the following:
1. Fill out our webform.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume by mail to:
First Security Bank and Trust
Attn: Human Resources
809 Clark Street
Charles City, IA 50616
3. Stop by any of our locations and complete an application.