Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Coaches and trains retail branch staff on products, processes and procedures. Communicates core values and provides direction to staff.
- Work closely with the Retail Banking Manager to develop business plan and retail strategies for the assigned offices.
- Communicate and work with staff to implement bank initiatives for customer retention and acquisition of new business.
- Make calls to existing and potential customers to strengthen current customer relationships as well as develop new business.
- May take consumer and real estate loan applications.
- Understand the policies, procedures, and regulations of banking. Keep abreast of relevant governmental regulations, current industry matters, and any changes that occur.
- Maintain adequate level of knowledge to be able to assist employees with questions related to their duties. Provide coverage and assistance to other departmental personnel as requested.
- Maintains the appearance and maintenance of the assigned offices. Communicate with the bank’s Facility Manager, when appropriate, regarding wants, needs, and repairs.
- Participate in necessary training to perform functions of the job.
- Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, scheduling, performance appraisals, salary recommendations, promotions hiring and terminations.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
Desire knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and services. Understand basic financial concepts and terminology. Includes both the deposit gathering and lending functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to positively manage staff development and to motivate staff to meet established goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide outstanding customer service contact on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in an environment with sensitive information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment, with bank staff at all levels.
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel to other offices as needed.
- Current credit life and disability license.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Education: AA Degree
Experience: Prior experience in a customer contact position required. Three years supervisory/manager experience. Previous sales experience preferred. Three years of experience in a bank setting is preferred.
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.