ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and direct the Bank’s accounting function, including general ledger accounting, investment accounting, loan accounting, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable, prepaid assets, and accounts payable and reporting.
- Assist the CFO with oversight of the accounting function of the bank, including policy, procedures, and internal controls, necessary to achieve the bank’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the Bank’s financial reporting accuracy including oversight of the reconciliation process and general ledger and researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain knowledge of current and new tax laws, accounting standards, and overall changes in the bank industry.
- Lead the preparation of the quarterly call report and various other regulatory reports submitted to all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Review current accounting related policy and procedures on a recurring basis for necessary changes or improvements.
- Serve as a member of the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) and Rate Committee and provide analysis and recommendations to the committee.
- Assist CFO with bond purchase analysis and staying current on economic market conditions and trends.
- Coordinate the relationship and deliver information to both internal, external, and 401(k) auditors, regulators, and tax preparers during examinations as well as assist in preparation of the reports.
- Oversee the accounts’ payable function including the review of expenses paid and year-end 1099 reporting.
- Manage month-end procedures and provide reporting to various recipients including, but not limited to, Board Members, Senior Management, and ALCO.
- Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences and workshops and involvement in professional and community groups in leadership positions.
- Coach and mentor other members of the accounting team to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with various projects as needed.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in bank’s “Community Events Program”
- Always provide prompt and courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Previous work history with financial institutions in accounting, auditing, or tax related positions is preferred.
- High level of analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective relationship with coworkers at all levels, internal and external auditors, regulatory agencies, and correspondent bank is required.
- Willingness to continually learn and grow within the organization.
- Proven record of exceptional customer service performed in previous work experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other closely related area of study is required. Certified Public Accountant’s License is desirable, but not required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 or more years of professional accounting experience is desired. An emphasis in banking is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.
You may apply for this position by doing one of the following:
1. Fill out our webform.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume by mail to:
First Security Bank and Trust
Attn: Human Resources
809 Clark Street
Charles City, IA 50616
3. Stop by an of our locations and complete an application.