ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers within bank and/or at drive-up window. Handle transactions as requested by customers. Accept deposits, cash checks, process withdrawals, loan payments, cashier’s checks, travelers’ checks, etc.
- Process night depository bags utilizing dual control system. Record proper information on bank forms.
- Maintain TCR in a manner consistent with current bank policy. Balance cash totals to the TCR at end of each day. Report any discrepancies to supervisor as outlined in teller offage policy.
- Buy from or sell cash to the vault to maintain proper TCR cash balances
- Participate in business development by making referrals on all services. Promote and explain other financial services such as loans, trust and investment services, and deposit products to customers when opportunities arise.
- Identify and mitigate potential fraud.
- May assist in other branch locations.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Previous teller or cash handling experience in a similar environment with responsibility for own cash drawer.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide key customer service contact on a regular basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pound bags of coin.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Proven record of exceptional customer service performance in previous work experience. Cash handling experience.
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.