ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous customer service for each customer coming into the branch. Handle all customer transactions relating to any deposit product offered by the bank. Accurately maintain a cash drawer and vault in a manner consistent with bank policy
- Participate in business development by identifying and offering bank services and making referrals on other appropriate bank products and services
- Explain and promote products/services most appropriate for the customer's needs.
- Make calls to existing and potential customers to strengthen current customer relationships as well as develop new business
- Understand the policies, procedures, and regulations of banking. Keep abreast of relevant governmental regulations, current industry matters, and any changes that occur
- Open personal and business accounts and prepare all related documentation. Enter required data on system for accounts/services opened
- Provide backup support to other branch offices as needed. Travel may be necessary to ensure adequate staff coverage is maintained during absences
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”
- Provide administrative support to the Loan Officer when requested. Accept loan payments and process according to bank standards
- Due to the nature of banking in small communities, responsibilities may include accepting and processing a variety of payments for local residents
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and services. Understand basic financial concepts and terminology. Includes both the deposit gathering and lending functions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide outstanding customer service contact on a regular basis
- Ability to work in an environment with sensitive information, always maintaining a high level of confidentiality and the ability to follow guidelines and any bank related compliance or regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment, with bank staff at all levels
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time
- Ability to lift up to 50-pound bags of coin occasionally
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months’ cash handling experience, with responsibility for own cash drawer
- Prior experience in a customer contact position required
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Two years of experience in a bank setting is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.
You may apply for this position by doing one of the following:
1. Fill out our webform.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume by mail to:
First Security Bank and Trust
Attn: Human Resources
809 Clark Street
Charles City, IA 50616
3. Stop by any of our locations and complete an application.