ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous customer service for each customer coming into the branch. Handle all customer transactions relating to any deposit product offered by the bank. Accurately maintain a cash drawer and vault in a manner consistent with bank policy.
- Participate in business development by identifying and offering bank services and making referrals on other appropriate bank products and services.
- Explain and promote products/services most appropriate for the customer's needs.
- Make calls to existing and potential customers to strengthen current customer relationships as well as develop new business
- Understand the policies, procedures, and regulations of banking. Keep abreast of relevant governmental regulations, current industry matters, and any changes that occur.
- Open personal and business accounts and prepare all related documentation. Enter required data on system for accounts/services opened.
- Provide backup support to other branch offices as needed. Travel may be necessary to ensure adequate staff coverage is maintained during absences.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
- Provide administrative support to the Loan Officer when requested. Accept loan payments and process according to bank standards.
- Due to the nature of banking in small communities, responsibilities may include accepting and processing a variety of payments for local residents.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and services. Understand basic financial concepts and terminology. Includes both the deposit gathering and lending functions.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide outstanding customer service contact on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in an environment with sensitive information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times. Ability to follow guidelines and any bank related compliance or regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment, with bank staff at all levels.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50-pound bags of coin occasionally.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months’ cash handling experience, with responsibility for own cash drawer.
- Prior experience in a customer contact position required.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Two years of experience in a bank setting is preferred.
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.