Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous customer service for each customer coming into the branch.
- Participate in business development by identifying and offering bank services and making referrals on other appropriate bank products and services.
- Explain and promote products/services most appropriate for the customer's needs.
- Make calls to existing and potential customers to strengthen current customer relationships as well as develop new business
- Understand the policies, procedures, and regulations of banking. Keep abreast of relevant governmental regulations, current industry matters, and any changes that occur.
- Open personal and business accounts and prepare all related documentation. Enter required data on system for accounts/services opened.
- Accept applications for consumer loans and real estate loans. Process and forward to loan underwriters for approval.
- Sell Credit Life and Disability Insurance.
- Provide coverage and assistance to other departmental personnel as requested.
- Participate in necessary training to perform functions of the job.
- Cross train in Teller and Video Banking positions. Provide assistance as requested.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
Desired knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and services. Understand basic financial concepts and terminology. Includes both the deposit gathering and lending functions.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide outstanding customer service contact on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in an environment with sensitive information, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment, with bank staff at all levels.
- Current credit life and disability license.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prior experience in a customer contact position required. Previous sales experience preferred. Two years of experience in a bank setting is preferred.
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.