ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach and train new and existing Portfolio Managers on loan processes and procedures. Communicate core values and provide direction to staff.
- Manage the day-to-day work of the Portfolio Manager. Assist in hiring, assign work, approve time off, and approve time cards.
- Provide leadership and management for the Portfolio Manager personnel. Conduct performance evaluations of assigned personnel and provide coaching to assist employees in resolving performance issues.
- Ensure departmental compliance and maintenance for all required and related written policies.
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan software applications (Precision, Fast Grade etc.). Work with system providers to utilize applications to the fullest capacity, while streamlining processes and procedures and ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Accurately analyze business and personal financial statements along with Agriculture and Commercial Business financial trending. This includes global analysis, ratio analysis and cashflow analysis.
- Responsible for helping lending team prepare credit memos and other loan packaging duties for loan committee presentations within the banks credit policy.
- Ability to identify key risk indicators with the banks existing loan portfolio as well as new loan requests and communicate findings verbally and in writing as required as part of the FSBT lending process.
- Willing and able to communicate with borrowers on behalf of the lender to collect necessary financial information and to articulate and describe the documents needed for analysis.
- Analyze, prepare, and train for periodic updates to system software and verify that enhancements are working correctly. Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments. Act as administrator of these programs including management of all program settings and user security access.
- Learn, utilize, train and lead banking and lending software initiatives such as LOS implementation.
- Maintain product knowledge of all bank services and cross-sell other bank products by referral to appropriate departments.
- Perform Portfolio Manager duties as part of the lending team.
- Participate in community activities to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program.”
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High level of interpersonal skills in dealing with bank customers, bank staff, and outside vendors.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to agricultural and commercial lending.
- Ability to work in an environment with sensitive information, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven record of problem-solving skills and the ability to work with complex credits.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Strong work ethic, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology.
- Ability to organize, coach, and supervise others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance or 4 years of equivalent experience in a lending environment.
- Previous sales experience, preferably in the agriculture and/or commercial fields.
- Prior customer service experience with an ability to develop new business relationships.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Join First Security's Lending Team and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and development.