ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly identifies the customer and provides information/assistance accurately, efficiently, and professionally
- Answers questions, research problems and performs various operational duties including but not limited to: deposit accounts, loan accounts, debit and credit cards, electronic banking, safety deposit box, fraudulent account situations, and account reconciliation services in effort to achieve a first call resolution level of 75%
- Performs transactions such as account transfers, stop payments, order checks, reset passwords for on-line banking, and performs maintenance on debit cards, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to website inquires and messages left in the main voice mailbox
- Identifies customer needs, makes appropriate recommendations, and takes action to satisfy their needs; follows up on any action needed related to each transaction
- Escalates and refers delicate situations to the appropriate bank personnel
- Promotes quality customer service to both internal and external customers and promotes teamwork among other bank departments and offices using referrals and support services.
- Support sales and service efforts through quality service and making referrals on all bank services.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to work for long periods of time on the phone in a team oriented and fast paced environment
- Ability to work a regular full-time schedule that includes Saturdays
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the following: verbal, written, listening, communication etiquette, and an outwardly positive, helpful and professional attitude
- Knowledge of a variety of Federal and State banking regulations and financial institution operations and procedures
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 year bank work experience preferred. 2 years of customer service experience strongly desired.
How to Apply
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.
YOu may appply for this position by doing one of the following:
1. Fill out our Employment Application
2. Submit a cover letter and resume by mail to:
First Security Bank & Trust
Attn: Human Resources
809 Clark Street
Charles City, IA 50616
3. Stop by any of our locations and complete an application.