Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Properly identifies the customer and provides information/assistance accurately, efficiently and professionally
- Answers questions, researches problems and performs various operational duties including but not limited to: deposit accounts, loan accounts, debit and credit cards, electronic banking, safety deposit box, fraudulent account situations, and account reconciliation services in effort to achieve a first call resolution level of 75%
- Performs transactions such as account transfers, stop payments, order checks, reset passwords for on-line banking, and performs maintenance on debit cards, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to website inquires and messages left in the main voice mailbox
- Identifies customer needs, makes appropriate recommendations and takes action to satisfy their needs; follows up on any action needed related to each transaction
- Escalates and refers delicate situations to the appropriate bank personnel
- Promotes quality customer service to both internal and external customers and promotes teamwork among other bank departments and offices through the use of referrals and support services.
- Support sales and service efforts through quality service and making referrals on all bank services.
- Perform additional duties as they become assigned or apparent
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in financial institution’s “Community Events Program”.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work for long periods of time on the phone in a team oriented and fast paced environment
- Ability to work a regular full-time schedule that includes Saturdays
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: verbal, written, listening, communication etiquette, and an outwardly positive, helpful and professional attitude
- Knowledge of a variety of Federal and State banking regulations and financial institution operations and procedures
- Knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 year bank work experience preferred. 2 years of customer service experience strongly desired.
How to apply:
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.
You may apply for this position by doing one of the following:
1. Fill out our webform.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume by mail to:
First Security Bank and Trust
Attn: Human Resources
809 Clark Street
Charles City, IA 50616
3. Stop by an of our locations and complete an application.