Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Greet customers within the bank and/or at drive-up window, as well as using technology and video equipment in the Video Banking Department.
- Handle transactions as requested by customers in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner. Accept deposits, cash checks, process withdrawals, loan payments, cashier’s checks, etc.
- Follow established policies, procedures, and guidelines of First Security Bank & Trust while processing customer transactions.
- Assist current bank customers with questions as well as non-customers, always maintaining good customer relations.
- Process night depository bags utilizing a dual control system. Record proper information on bank forms.
- Maintain TCR in a manner consistent with Bank Policy. Balance cash totals to the TCR at the end of each day. Balance cash totals to the TCR at the end of each day. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as outlined in the teller offage policy.
- Buy from or sell cash to the vault to maintain proper TCR cash balances.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and participate in business development by making referrals on all services. Promote and explain other financial services such as loans, trust and investment services, and deposit products to customers when opportunities arise.
- Identify and mitigate fraud.
- Participate in bank-sponsored events as outlined in First Security’s “Community Events Program”.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Previous teller or cash handling experience in a similar environment with responsibility for own cash drawer.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with customers and provide key customer service contact on a regular basis.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products, along with the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong presence and interest in working in a video-based position.
- Ability to adapt to a continuously changing work environment.
- Ability to stand for an extended period.
- Ability to lift 50-pound bags of coin.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Proven record of exceptional customer service performance in previous work experience. Previous banking or financial services experience preferred but not required.
Join our team today and enjoy exciting opportunities for growth and career development at First Security.