Food banks throughout North Iowa. Local schools and nonprofits. Up-and-coming scholars. All of these and more received vital support from First Security Bank & Trust in 2022.
After the final contributions were made at the end of December, bank staff went through the records to determine exactly how much support was spread to the community, and they were stunned at the results.
“We always say when you bank locally with a community bank, your money has a double impact,” said Matt Bradley, VP of Marketing and Communications. “Local banking means more support for the needs of local communities, and we’re excited to show that impact as we enter 2023.”
Between First Security Bank and the First Security Charitable Foundation, $157,016.25 was distributed in 2022. In addition to that, $160,000 has been reserved for future donations, bringing the grand total of community support to $317,016.25.
While every project that received funds is important, there were some notable ones that the bank was especially proud of supporting, including:
- $1,250 to the Hampton-Dumont-CAL High School culinary team for a trip to a national competition
- $2,500 to help the Marble Rock Community Center replace its air conditioner
- $2,500 to help various local food banks remain stocked during the slow summer season
- $2,500 for the construction of a zip line in Thornton
- $6,000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors
- $7,500 to the Marble Rock Fire Department to go toward a new pumper truck
- $10,000 to the Riceville Community Club for a splash pad project
- $20,000 to the Rudd Park Board for a splash pad and playground project
- $125,000 pledged, with $25,000 paid this year, to the NIACC regional career center project to be built in Charles City
Often, First Security will also provide promotional assistance for these projects, encouraging others to join in lending their support. That includes videos that can be seen on the bank’s YouTube channel, and social media posts through the bank’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram pages.
“We feel it’s important to spread the word and let people know when we find a worthy cause to support,” Bradley said.
First Security Bank & Trust has locations across North Central Iowa and headquarters in Charles City. Member FDIC.