Reopening to be done in stages beginning in mid-to-late June. Protective measures will be taken.
This is an exciting time in Iowa. The weather is getting warmer, restrictions are being eased on businesses all around us, and people are looking forward to getting back to normal. Still, the public health data regarding COVID-19 and the number of event cancellations in the coming months serve as proof that “normal” won’t return for quite some time. While we’re all looking forward to the convenience of our lobbies reopening, it’s something that can only be done after significant work and planning.
As of now, we are preparing our lobbies for a reopening to be done in stages beginning in mid-to-late June. The first stage will be to reopen the lobbies of locations that typically see the most customers. We will be in contact soon regarding which locations will reopen first and when.
To prepare for this phased reopening, we will be organizing our lobbies to mitigate the inherent increased risk. We’ll be staffing in a way that allows us to provide more assistance to customers. You can expect to see us wearing masks, and we’ll encourage you to do so. You’ll also notice new protective barriers and signage to encourage distancing per CDC guidelines. When we’re confident safer in-person transactions can be achieved, we’ll be happy to welcome you back in.
In the meantime, we urge you to explore the services we offer to help you bank from a distance. You may find these services even more convenient than visiting the lobby:
- Online Banking and Bill Pay:
- Manage accounts 24/7, check balances and review transactions, transfer funds, pay bills, set up recurring transactions
- Mobile Banking App and Mobile Deposit:
- Manage accounts 24/7, check balances and review transactions, pay bills, deposit checks using your phone’s camera, turn debit cards on or off
- Mobile Wallet:
- Register your First Security debit card in Apple Pay®, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay® and make purchases touch-free using your phone
- Online Account Opening:
Safety is our highest priority in this decision. We must be confident in our ability to maintain your health and the health of our employees, who want to continue serving you. We greatly appreciate your continued patience.